I make this when I need a quick lunch or dinner. It may take more time to boil the eggs than put it together. We boil eggs on Sunday night so we have a bunch ready to go for the week! Whether it’s breakfast on the go, a quick snack, or an emergency egg salad, boiled eggs vanish quickly in our house!
Quick & Easy Egg Salad Recipe
4 boiled eggs (chopped)
1 shallot (finely chopped)
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp miracle whip or mayo
Salt and pepper to taste
Green onion to garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients together in bowl and mix until combined.
- Refrigerate for an hour and serve on toast or as a side dish.
Tips & Tricks
- In another variation that I tried and loved, I sautéed the shallot in butter until they were light gold.
- I didn’t add any salt because the salt from my Dijon was enough.
- Dijon mustard can be strong so start with 1/2 tsp and increase to suit your taste.
- I don’t like mayo so I always add less mayo and more mustard to my egg and tuna salads.
- Invest in a pepper mill and use fresh cracked pepper or use a coffee grinder to make ground pepper from whole peppercorns and store in small, airtight jar.
- If you don’t have shallots, use a tablespoon of green onion (white part) or vidalia onion or red onion instead.
- If you feel your egg salad is too salty, add a pinch of sugar!