This 4 ingredient, no bake, snack is so easy to whip up and won’t leave you feeling guilty afterwards. I love the Trader Joe’s almond butter cups so I decided to make my own version because it seemed simple enough and it definitely will hit the spot!
Almond Butter Cups Recipe
3.5 tbsp. coconut butter
2.5 tbsp. pure maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Melt the coconut butter if not already liquid. Heat in microwave for 15 sec. increments and stir until melted.
- Mix 2.5 tbsp. coconut butter, maple syrup and almond butter until well combined.
- Pour into mini muffin liners and fill halfway.
- Freeze cups while you prepare chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate and remaining coconut butter in the microwave. Heat for 15 sec. increments and stir each time until melted and smooth.
- Pour chocolate on top of cooled and firm almond butter.
- Freeze until hardened.
- Enjoy frozen or at room temperature!
Tips & Tricks
- Use REAL maple syrup! None of that fake stuff. Trader Joe’s has pure Vermont maple syrup. BJ’s or Costco also has pure Canadian or Vermont maple syrup at good prices.
- I used smooth almond butter because it’s my preference but you could use chunky or cashew butter or peanut butter etc.
- I used 60% dark chocolate chunks but you could use milk chocolate, white chocolate, any chocolate chips really.
- Store in airtight container in freezer.