This is by far the easiest and most delicious blondie recipe I have ever made and eaten! Like most of my other recipes this one is totally customizeable. Don’t like butterscotch? Add white chocolate chips! Or forget the marshmallows and add your favorite chopped nuts instead! This will take you 5 minutes to mix up and 25 minutes to bake!
Ooey, Gooey, Butterscotch Blondies Recipe
1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup mini marshmallows
- In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, 2 eggs, and room temperature melted butter until combined well.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour into baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350° F for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool, cut, and store in airtight container if any remain!
Tips & Tricks
- The mixture will be thick. This is correct! Just spread in baking pan as evenly as possible. When it’s in the oven, the butter will melt and fill all the corners and the blondie will rise!
- Always remember, baked foods continue to bake for a few minutes even after you remove them from the oven. Also, you can always turn off the oven and let it cook in the remaining heat if it only needs a minute or two. Be careful not to overcook these or they won’t be ooey, gooey.
- Sometimes I only have big marshmallows in my pantry so I just chop them.
- I used a dark, metal square pan but you can use whatever shape/material pan you have.
- No need to grease the baking pan, there is enough butter in there!